- Rebuilding after an apocalypse
- Unique(ish) bestiary: The monsters of the world aren’t traditional fantasy tropes
- The world is scary, deadly, and sometimes horrific: expect to face things you may have to out think or escape.
- Small differences matter – the primary difference between our protagonists and their humanoid enemies are cultural, religious, linguistic, and familial affiliations.
- High fantasy, low magic – the world is inherently a fantastical place, but magical knowledge and understanding is rare: Limited magical items/Limited magic (But spellcasters aren’t banned by any means)